5 Things to
a Big Storm
Plumbing Checklist After
A Big Storm
Hopefully you got through the storm with no more than a damp front door mat, fallen branch and a yard full of leaves. Now the low pressure system has moved off shore, its safe to go outside.
1: Check all your drains and pits are free from debris. After a large amount of rain your storm water pits can fill with leaves and debris. Make sure the outlet to the pit is clear.
2. Sweep up any piles of leaves and branches laying around on the ground. This is to prevent anything washing into the pit or drain next time it rains.
3. Check for water damage under the house or building. Also check rooms below natural ground level for water damage. If you do have damp areas open the doors and windows to help dry them out to prevent mould growing.
4. With damaging winds, averaging 60 to 70 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 90 km/h, it’s especially important to check your roof for damage that may not at first be obvious, as high winds can lift tin roofs and loosen tiles. If you can’t check your roof yourself, hire a plumber or roofer to check it for you as they will have the safety equipment and will know what to look for. It is also recommended to check solar panels as well.
5. Check the base of big trees for movement in the ground or soil washed out around large tree roots. This could be a sign that the tree has become unstable in the high wind. If unsure it would be worth getting in a tree arborist to check the trees stability.
On Time Gaurantee
We turn up ON TIME or your plumbing is FREE!
Fixed First Time
We’ll fix it the first time or we’ll return at our expense and put it right…AND give you $100 for the hassle…
Free Safety Inspection
21 point plumbing + safety inspection to help you avoid additional and expensive problems in the future.
Available 24 / 7
We are available 7 days a week for any emergency plumbing issue
- 24 / 7 Emergency
- Leaking Taps & Toilets
- Noisy & Burst Pipes
- Gas Fitting
- Drain Cleaning
- Stormwater Drains
- Gutters & Downpipes
- Clear Sewerage Pipes
- Pipe Location
- No Dig Relining
- Drain Camera
- Replace Broken or Burst Pipes
- Minimal Disruption to Surrounding Landscape
Hot Water Heater
- Repairs & Replacement
- New Installation
- Free Removal of Old Hot Water System
- Rainwater Tanks and Pumps
What Sets Us Apart From Other Plumbers
Since 2001, we have been providing our customers with the high level of quality service they deserve.
We are not just focused on getting the job done. We seek to educate our customers on their plumbing systems, including how to save energy, lower utility bills, and enjoy system reliability for years afterwards.
What you will discover when you work with us is personalized service that is tailored to your specific situation.
We take the time to inspect your system and provide an accurate diagnosis of the problem. This allows us to provide the best solution at the best value.
You can expect options that are guaranteed to fit your specific problem and match your budget.
Our recommendations come with your best interests in mind.
What Our Customers Are Saying
" Technician was very cheerful, helpful & courteous, and would be happy to have him back if I had any more plumbing problems."
" Fantastic service, 2 additional jobs done to repair other Plumbing Company's poor work at no charge. Very happy "
" Your technician was wonderful, and his advice was very helpful. Will definitely use Curl Curl Plumbing again. "